Let's ensure together safety at county elections’ early voting places
Less than a month remains till early voting in the county elections begins. Sixty-nine members of the Vantaa and Kerava wellbeing services county will be chosen for the county council. In the county elections, all municipal citizens entitled to vote can vote for any candidate in their electoral districts. Early voting takes place on January 12-18, 2022, while the actual election day is January 23, 2022. In order to prevent coronavirus from spreading, general safety instructions will be applied to all polling places.
Observe these instructions at the polling place
- Keep sufficient distance to others.
- Observe good hand hygiene. Use hand sanitizer.
- Wear a face mask or a face shield, if possible.
- If you wish, bring your own pen with you.
- If you have respiratory symptoms, wait for them to disappear before voting in advance.
Safety at Vantaa’s polling places
Election officials have been instructed to ensure COVID-19 safety of the voters on the polling premises. The election officials will oversee queues, and in case of overcrowding, may also ask people to queue outdoors. The surfaces of the polling places are regularly cleaned, and the election officials wear face masks or face shields. There will be signposts on the spot advising about COVID-19 safety at the polling places.
As a general rule, people in isolation or in quarantine shall wait for the end of their isolation or quarantine. If the isolation or quarantine period will not end before the election day, the voter can also request at-home voting (the enrollment period ends on Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at 16:00), or the voter can vote outdoors on the election day. In the latter case, the voter shall register with the election committee by calling the phone number notified outside.
The actual election day as well as the first and final days of early voting have traditionally been the busiest voting days. If you wish to avoid overcrowding, you may consider voting outside those days. In order to speed up the voting process, present your barcode ID card.
All of Vantaa’s early voting places are barrier free.
Further information for voters: Instructions for voters during COVID-19 - Elections (vaalit.fi)
Early voting places in the 2022 county elections in Vantaa
1. Kivistö library, Topaasikuja 11, 01700 Vantaa
2. Hämeenkylä K-Supermarket, Ainontie 1, 01630 Vantaa
3. Martinlaakso library, Laajaniityntie 3, 01620 Vantaa
4. Myyrmäki library, Paalutori 3, 01600 Vantaa
5. Shopping Mall Jumbo, Vantaanportinkatu 3, 01510 Vantaa
6. Tammisto K-Citymarket, Tammiston Kauppatie 9, 01510 Vantaa
7. Multipurpose Center Lumo, Urpiaisentie 14, 01450 Vantaa
8. Koivukylä library, Ojalehdonkuja 1, 01400 Vantaa
9. K-Supermarket Yliveto, Peltolantie 1, 01300 Vantaa
10. Tikkurila Vantaa info/Dixi, Ratatie 11, 01300 Vantaa
11. Hakunila library, Kimokuja 5, 01200 Vantaa
12. Länsimäki library, Suunnistajankuja 2, 01280 Vantaa
The polling places will be open on weekdays from 9:00 to 20:00 and on weekends from 10:00 to 18:00. When you come to vote, remember to take your identity card with you - a driver's license is sufficient. You do not have to bring the polling card with you to the polling place; a photo ID is sufficient. A barcode identity card accelerates registration. Please note that there is no barcode in a passport. If you do not have a document verifying your identity, you can get a temporary, free-of-charge ID card at a police station. On the actual election day, you must vote in the polling place specified in your polling card.
You will find the City of Kerava’s early voting places on the City of Kerava's county elections website (in Finnish).