Social services for adults

Social Work for Adults will help you when you need support, guidance and counseling about various different life situations. We will chart the customer's overall situation and together find solutions for coping with problems.

Who are our services meant for?

Social Work for Adults serves 18-64-year-old Vantaa adults and families. A social advisor meets new customers and charts their situation, and when required, will refer them to a social worker's appointment.

Services for adults and families’ guidance and information service

tel. 09 8392 3384

The guidance and information number consists of the services of the following:

  • supplementary social assistance unit
  • services for new customers, 25 - 64-year-olds
  • services for new customers, social work for the young, 18 - 24-year-olds
  • services for new customers, families with children
  • planned social work

Do not hesitate to contact social services, if you need concrete help with issues related to, among other things, livelihood and social welfare. We offer help and support in various challenging life situations. At first, we will make together with you an assessment of your need for services, and then we will plan the support forms suitable for you.

The guidance and information number consists of the services of the following:

  • supplementary social assistance unit: Mon-Fri: 8:00–16:00
  • services for new customers, 25 - 65-year-olds Mon, Tue, Thurs and Fri: 9:00-11:00
  • services for new customers, families with children: 9:00-15:00
  • planned social work (East and West), 25 - 64-year-olds: Mon, Tue, Thurs and Fri: 9:00-10:00
  • family social work unit: 10:00-11:00
  • planned social work for 18- 24-year-olds: call your own social worker, Mon-Fri: 8:15-16:00. You will find your own social worker on this list. If you cannot reach your own social worker, leave your contact information (NOTE: also your phone number) on the answerphone, and the employee will contact you later. You can also send a WhatsApp or text message to your own employee.

What do social workers/social advisors do?

  • give you guidance and counseling about social security benefits and social services, as well as compiling social assistance applications
  • guide and support you in housing issues (e.g., seeking housing, homelessness, lease debts)
  • advise you on financial difficulties
  • advise and counsel you about debt issues
  • discuss and advise you in case of substance-abuse and mental-health problems
  • discuss and advise you in various crises (divorce, eviction, death of a relative or friend)
  • clarify obstacles to employment
  • help you clarify your work/study options and support you in participating in work or internship, work orientation, training, or rehabilitative work activity
  • compile an activation plan for rehabilitative work activity together with an employment advisor
  • analyze retirement options
  • make a plan for moving forward in your life together with you

Benefit processors handle applications for basic social assistance.

When required, we will cooperate with, for instance, the employment office, psychiatric outpatient department, Kela, A-Clinic, substance-abuse institutions, detoxification centers, rehabilitative work activity, congregation, hospitals, and health services.

Changes to social assistance payments

Basic social assistance will be paid by Kela starting 2017, Throughout 2016, your point of contact for social assistance will still be the social services office or Kela offices i Vantaa.
Read more about the change in website of Kela

Se leaflet