15. Hietanen, Inka
I am TEPPO student and music class student from Peltola School. I am a chairperson of the board of my school’s student union this school year. My hobbies are flute playing, scouting, choir singing and ballet. The issues that are important to me are equality, climate and the environment. I want to be involved in promoting the well-being and equality of young people in Vantaa, and to bring the voice of young people into decision-making.
Leisure time activities:
My hobbies are playing the flute, scouting, ballet and choir singing. In my free time I spend a lot of time with my cats and rats. I also like cooking and baking.
Comments on the election compass questions:
1. Vantaa is a partially safe place to live for young people. Too many young people in Vantaa have experienced the threat of violence and harassment recently. For example, sexual harassment is far too common and should be intervened more.
2. Having a hobby should be possible regardless of family income, as it reduces the risk of exclusion and brings meaningful things to do as well as new friends.
3. In all decisions, Vantaa must take into account their effects on the climate and strive for carbon neutrality as quickly and fairly as possible.
4. School should be a safe environment for everyone. Emerging bullying situations are intervened, but not always reported to adults. School violence has become more common recently, which is why more should be done to investigate and prevent cases.
5. In the schools I've been in, school food has been pretty good quality. However, the situation is not the same in all schools in Vantaa.
6. By lowering the voting age in municipal elections, young people would be able to influence more on municipal activity, which would be a good thing. At the same time, however, schools should ensure that all young people have sufficient information about voting and municipal activities.
7. Increasing the use of public transport is a good thing for climate. However, it should be ensured that costs do not lead to a deterioration of routes or timetables. It could reduce public use despite being free compared to the current situation.
8. Reducing private car use is important in the fight against climate change, which is why the use of public transport must be increased. The easier public transport is to travel, the more it is used.
9. Hiring school psychologists and curators would make it easier to get help for many problems and prevent exclusion. In many cases, it is difficult to reach a school psychologist or curator when you need help, which is why they are needed more.