51. Tuomainen, Anni Juulia
Hey! I am a high school student who has just turned 18 years old. In my free time I like to go to the gym, spend my time with friends and busied myself with the issues of the Youth Council. Last term, I served as a deputy member of the Youth Council and e.g. as a representative of the Urban Environment Board. The issues of the Youth Council have become very important to me, and that is why I would like to continue with them.
Leisure time activities:
The Youth Council and going to the gym
Let’s take care of young people’s tomorrow
Comments on the election compass questions:
1. Vantaa is mainly safe, but there is definitely still room for improvement in safety. Violence and bullying among young people in particular should be eradicated.
2. Not everyone can afford a hobby, so it should be offered on behalf of the city. The hobby can prevent, for example, the exclusion of a young person. However, such a service would be quite expensive, so its implementation should be considered.
3. We no longer have time to delay the fight against climate change. Vantaa should set an example and start working ambitiously to curb climate change.
4. A safe learning environment should be guaranteed for every young person. No one should experience bullying or violence at school. Such acts should be punished more severely and their occurrence should be prevented.
5. At least in my own school, the level of school food has declined significantly. Fewer and fewer students eat at school or they only eat a little. The quality of the food is poor: the ingredients are poor, the taste has failed and the dishes are strange.
6. I think the matter is a little complicated. It is good for young people to be able to make an impact, but on the other hand, there are, for example, youth councils for that. The pros and cons of this should be clarified.
7. It would be very awesome if it were, but I don’t think it’s a very realistic goal. However, public transport charges are an important source of revenue for transport operators.
8. This would support environmental friendliness and take a step towards a green transition. At the same time, the use of public transport would be supported, which would make it possible to create e.g. more bus lines as well as a tram.
9. If the money were used to renovate schools, the investment would serve students for a long time. Indeed, future students would also benefit from improved schools. Some of the options bring only momentary benefits. Schools would also need small improvements to increase student comfort.