If you love quality movies, the Movie Matinées are just the thing for you - affordable and close to home.
Cinemas in Vantaa
The Vantaa Dance Festival in April arranges enchanting dance shows and events around the city for people of all ages. The festival ends with the spectacular Dance Day Gala, with high-class performances of national and international stars.
- Raatikko dance theater combines theater, dance, music, and circus in its performances. Many of the performances are directed at children. The Raatikko theater is situated in Viertola.
- Dance Theatre Dis Tanz is a professional theater that provides the audience with high-quality dance art.
- Vantaa Dance Institute offers basic art education as well as diverse dance performances.
The versatile programs of Vantaa's theaters can be viewed on the theaters' homepages.
- Theatre of Tikkurila is an amateur theater run by professionals, and it is situated in culture house Vernissa. The theater is also the home of the Theatre and Circus School of Tikkurila which offers basic art education.
- Teatteri Vantaa is a professional theater situated in the atmospheric "Silk Hall" (Silkkisali).
- Vantaan Näyttämö is an amateur theater which does mainly summer theater. Vantaan Näyttämö is situated in Naventhalia theater in Jokiniemi.
- Hakunila theater is an amateur theater run by professionals situated in Hakunila youth club. The theater was started along with the Urban II program funded by the EU.