Vantaa Art Museum Artsi
Artsi is a fully accessible museum. Assistant dogs are welcomed into the museum.
Public art in Vantaa
Vantaa is a strong patron of public art, and the artwork exhibited around the city, from graffiti to sculptures and light art, give the city a unique feel.
Public art is permanently included in the planning of new residential and urban areas and it is linked to the architecture programme of the City of Vantaa. It contributes to urban vitality, communality and resident well-being.
Public art is seen essential to the local identity of the city, reinforcing its aesthetic, social and economic value. Public art is a visible result of communal, long-term cooperation. The works created as part of the city’s public art projects are incorporated into the collection of the Vantaa Art Museum Artsi.
Contact and opening hours
- Opening hours
Tarkista poikkeukset aukioloajoissa museon nettisivuilta:
- Tue-Wed, Fri 11.00-18.00
- Thu 13.00-20.00
- Sat-Sun 11.00-16.00
- Opening hours
Open Tue, Wed, Fri 11-18, Thu 13-20, Sat, Sun 11-16. See exceptions in opening hours on museums web site.
Artsi is Vantaa´s own art museum. Since 2016, Artsi has specialized in street, graffiti and performance art as part of its activities.
The cultural services of the City of Vantaa offer art and cultural experiences to all local residents.
The route to the main entrance
- The pick-up and drop-off area is located in the vicinity of the entrance, giving easy access to the pavement.
- The route to the entrance is smooth and sufficiently wide and illuminated.
The main entrance
- The entrance stands out clearly and is illuminated. There is a canopy above the entrance.
- The doors connected to the entrance stand out clearly. Outside the door there is sufficient room for moving e.g. with a wheelchair. The door is heavy or otherwise hard to open.
- The entrance has thresholds over 2 cm high.
In the facility
- The customer service point is on the same floor as the entrance.
- The doors in the customer service point stand out clearly. The glass doors have contrast markings.
- The customer service point has an accessible toilet on the same floor.