Christmas time in Vantaa — check out the event hints
Christmas time in Vantaa is filled with events. Would you be interested in Christmas-spirited handicraft, a Christmas concert, or meeting Santa Claus?
You will find all the Christmas time events on Vantaa Event Calendar.
Meet Santa Claus
Santa Claus will come to Tikkurila new square on Fridays and Saturdays as of December 2. Furthermore, Santa Claus will visit Cultural House Martinus on Saturday, December 10, as well as on December 17.
Read more detailed information and times on the event calendar, under Joulupukki Vantaalla (Santa Claus in Vantaa) event.
Handicraft and Christmas workshops
Make the longest Christmas pennant in the world, learn from old Christmas decorations, make decorations and cards. You can come and hang out in Christmas workshops; they will be arranged all over Vantaa.
You can join the Joulupostia ikäihmisille campaign and send Christmas cards to the elderly. Bring the Christmas card to the collection point by December 5. The campaign collects Christmas cards for elderly customers of home care and housing services. Card-collection points are situated in libraries and citizens' houses.
Independence Day events
Independence Day is celebrated on December 6. The day begins with raising of the flag at nine in the morning in front of City Hall, followed by flowers and lanterns at Veteraaniaukio at 9:20, and depositing a wreath at 11:00 at the Church of St. Lawrence and Ruskeasanta soldier's graves.
In the afternoon, at 14:00, Multicultural Independence Day Celebration invites all Vantaa residents to celebrate the independence of Finland at Cultural House Martinus. Martinlaakson koulu (Martinlaakso school) arranges an Independence Day celebration at 15:00
Lucia in Vantaa
Lucia with her pageant will bring light and warmth in the winter darkness and bring joy to everybody with their beautiful songs. Vantaa’s Lucia will be crowned on December 7, at 18:30, at the Church of St. Lawrence.
Lucia with her pageant will also perform on Tuesday, December 13, in Tikkurila and at Jumbo Shopping Center; on Thursday, December 15, at Myyrmanni shopping mall, and on Friday, December 16, at the Church of St. Lawrence, in the ”Rauhallista joulua” Christmas concert. Read about the event in more detail: Vantaan Lucia tuo valoa ja lämpöä kaikille
Vaskivuoren lukio, among others, will offer Christmas music in Vantaa. Vaskivuoren lukio’s Pop singers’ Christmas matinée will take place on Monday, December 12, at 18:00, at Vaskivuoren lukio (Vaskivuori high school). The event is free of charge.
Vaskivuoren lukio's Jouluisia säveliä Christmas concert will take place at Hämeenkylän kirkko (Hämeenkylä church) on Tuesday, December 19, (the price of the program is €15).
There will be several Christmas concerts in Vantaa, especially in churches. Check out the events online at: tapahtumat.vantaa.fi.
You can also participate in singing Christmas carols. For example, Christmas carols for children will be sung at Tikkurila Library on Friday, December 16, at 9:30.
Christmas market and square
Tikkurila Christmas market will take place on Saturday, December 10, at 9:00-16:00. On the same day, Vantaa Music Institute will arrange Soivat Joulumarkkinat at Cultural center Orvokki at 12:00-15:00.
Meanwhile, Kivistö Christmas market will take place on Sunday, December 11, at 13:00-17:00, at Topaasiaukio. Read more on Vantaa Event Calendar.
In addition, Puimala’s Joulumaa is open on December 10-11, at which time a Christmas market will be held.
Christmas Eve’s guard of honor
Reservists’ associations will arrange guards of honor on Christmas Eve. The guards of honor will take place on December 24, at 14:00-17:00, at the Church of St. Lawrence.
Events per regions
Aviapolis major region
- Toivon joulu - Vantaan mieskuoro Vantasian joulukonsertit, Dec. 7, at 19:00-20:00, Church of St. Lawrence
- Jamkids Christmas concert, Dec. 15, at 18:00-19:00, Pointti library
- JouluQ - Kamarikuoro Qoro Quando, Dec. 21, at 19:00-20:00, Church of St. Lawrence
Hakunila major region
- Children’s Cultural Center Pyykkitupa's open house, furnished with Christmas decorations, on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 9:00-14:00, as well as on Wednesday, Dec. 14, at 9:00-14:00
- Christmas at the manor, on Sat-Sun, Dec. 10-11, Håkansböle manor
- Joulun näkökulmat. Monenlaisia tunnelmia kuunnellen ja yhdessä laulaen. At 18:30-20:00, Hakunilan kirkko, arranged by Kultaisen Iän Laulajat
Kivistö major region
- Kivistö Christmas market, Dec. 11, at 13:00-17:00, Topaasiaukio
- Kivistö Laulaa Christmas concernt, Dec. 14, at 18:00-19:30, Aurinkokiven koulu
Koivukylä major region
- Yhteinen puuropöytä (Shared porridge table), Dec. 3, at 12:00-13:00, Koivutori, Hakopolku 2
Korso major region
- Joulysti! - Jullust! - kansanmusiikkiyhtye Kakkarat, jousiorkesteri Minarco, kantelistit ja harmonikan soittajat, Dec. 2, at 18:00-19:15, Lumosali
- Tulkoon joulu - Kamarikuoro Aménte's Christmas concert, Dec. 16, at 19:00-20:00, Korson kirkko
- Lumon lukio's musical play Tuhkimo, Dec. 15, at 13:20 and 18:00, Dec. 16, at 13:20, Lumosali
Myyrmäki major region
- Christmas sale at Varia's Myyrmäki campus on Thursday, Dec. 8, at 14:00-18:00. Christmas treats made by baker-pastrymaker students on sale. Come and enjoy the Christmas spirit! Be prepared to pay in cash.
- Ave Maris Stella - Vantaa Chamber Choir's Christmas concerts, Dec. 15, 2022, at 18:00 Hämeenkylän kirkko, Auratie 3
- Vantaa Music Institute guitar students’ Christmas concert, Dec. 15, at 18:00-19:00, Myyrmäki library
Tikkurila major region
- Santa Claus comes to Tikkurila's new square , Fri, Dec. 2, at 15:00-19:00
- Puhu puille, kuiskaa kuusille -HowManyMothers Christmas concert, Dec. 3, at 18:00-19:00, Tikkurilan kirkko, Asematie 12
- Göstan joululaulut, Dec. 20, at 19:00-20:30, Teatteri Vantaa, Silkkisali
You will find more Christmas events all over the city on Event Calendar at: tapahtumat.vantaa.fi